The Department of 心理学 & Behavioral Neuroscience at St. Edward’s supports students interested in studying the brain and behavior while developing essential scientific and critical thinking skills.
Through coursework in this department, students will develop an understanding of the human mind and behavior. This broad background equips students for careers that require critical thinking skills and interaction with others — including psychological practice, business, education, or social services.
The Department of 心理学 & Behavioral Neuroscience boasts state-of-the-art research facilities that feature high-tech observation, biofeedback, and behavioral labs. Our well-equipped labs offer students more complex research opportunities than most undergraduate programs.
Students benefit from working alongside professors who are experts in their fields and who have earned numerous national, regional, and local awards for teaching and research excellence. The faculty encourage experiential learning through professional research opportunities and field internships in order to prepare students for future careers. 2019-20 degree plans can be found 这里。
PSI志 is the international honor society in psychology whose purpose is to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence and advancement in the science of psychology. Membership is open to both graduate and undergraduate students with at least three semesters of college experience and nine hours of psychology. A member must have at least a 3.5 GPA and demonstrate superior scholarship in psychology.
The Psychological Society is an organization open to all students who are interested in psychology. Psych Society sponsors educational, social, and volunteer opportunities for the campus community.
Faculty & Staff
External Conferences & Organizations
心理学 & Behavioral Neuroscience students are encouraged to explore these and other professional organizations. Many of these organizations host conferences where St. Edward’s students have presented their research.
National and International Organizations
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association for Psychological Science (APS)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Animal Behavior Society (ABS)
- Cognitive Neuroscience Society (CNS)
- Council on 大学本科 Research (CUR)
- Social 心理学 Network
- Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology (SBN)
- Society for Industrial and Organizational 心理学 (SIOP)
- Society for Neuroscience (SfN)
- Society for Personality and Social 心理学 (SPSP)
- Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD)
- Southwestern Psychological Association (SWPA)
- Southwestern Comparative and Behavioral Neuroscience Association (SCBNA) - an affiliate organization of SWPA
- Texas Academy of Science (TAS)